Sunday, April 4, 2010

My April Update

Happy Easter friends!

I had a FANTASTIC Easter here. Our chrch service today lasted from 8:30-12:30, so I sure got my praise on. I took some video, and maybe one day I'll get to upload it so you can see what chrch is like here.

As most of you heard, I was very sick the past 2 weeks. On our very first day of school (which went well), I got a very bad headache. By the next morning, they had decided that I had Malaria. The end of the week brought the Malaria back with it, and I saw an American doctor in the capital city. He says I most likely had Malaria and Strep Throat/Typhoid...and possibly the flu. So I got lots of meds, and now I'm feeling much better.

So, we'll get school going again full swing...for the next 2 weeks. THEN, I'm off to Zambia for a month of training. We'll spend 2 weeks in the city, and then 2 weeks in the bush (camping! my favorite!) and end it with 3 days living with a Zambian family. I've decided to go see Victoria Falls with some friends while I'm there. THEN, I'm flying off to Nairobi to do some ministry with another M friend of mine Jeff Norton and his friend Blake. My best friend Michelle is flying in from the states to work with us as well, and she will accompany me back to Malawi on June 2 and spend a week with me there. WHEW! I have a whirlwind schedule coming up, but BOY am I excited about it.

Couple of pr@yer points:
1. My gardener and his family are not Christians. I've spent a lot of time lifting them up, and trying to think of ways to share with them. They don't speak English so it makes communicating very hard, but I spend a lot of time with the oldest girl. There were also some issues with possibly firing him, so I really need some Gdly Wisdom.
2. That my time traveling will be safe and that this time spent with friends will be a good one.

Praises:
I'M ALL BETTER! I was SO overwhelmed by the amount of people who were pr@ying for me. People I've never even met where emailing me to tell me they were lifting me up. Thank you so much. It could have been much worse.

The Father is really working in my heart concerning being alone. He has taught me so much already. I have made older friends here, but still waiting on a friend my age. He has taught me that it is HIS timing, and HE is my Friend and Comfort.

Thanks for all the emails guys! I love reading them! Fun fact about Malawi: Its totally acceptable to pick your nose in public...even in the middle of a conversation with you....even if you are a "business person" and  dressed all fancy. ha.

Love in our Father,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Knowing I'm free to pick my nose when I visit Malawi is certainly comforting. ;-) lol
    Praying for your travels, and praising the Father for his work in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...