Friday, April 16, 2010

The lizard and I had it out...


I was simply plugging in a lamp in the corner of my den. I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye...not even a foot from my face was this thing. Now...I know the picture doesn't quite do it justice, but from my excellent estimating skills, I'm pretty sure this sucker was just shy of 1 foot long. Next to your face, that's really big.
 
Well, It was a cold rainy day, and I happen to have my rainboots handy..and I didn't want the thing to touch my feet, so I got my broom, and decided to dance a little with the beast. 

Please note, my door is on the other side of the room....I had to cross rugs and couches to get her to go in the right direction.
Well, I must say that Mama Tegha is one heck of cleaner (she's my housekeeper) and she does hand wax the floor. As soon as I got the beast off the wall, it tried to run away....the key word being tried. The best part is the very last 2 seconds of the video...

Lizard from Lauren Reeder on Vimeo.


(And you better watch this 11 second video, bc it took me 55 mins to upload it and 2 attempts).


hahaha. I laughed so hard at this...welcome to entertainment in Africa. :)


By the way...my Jack Russels found it as soon as left the doorway...

3 comments:

  1. went to vimeo to see your video, but it wouldn't let me, said i didn't have permission to view it, it was private. i joined vimeo, but it still wouldn't. think you need to check your settings. dying to see you chase the lizard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW. You are ADORABLE in that pic! I couldn't see the video, either, but I could see you act it out next week! :0) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Cara's comment...but I've seen you look adorable before!!:-) Just wish I was seeing it in person like her soon! Goodness, your hair is getting so long!!! Proud of you for 'takin' care of your critters' all by yourself! Of course, PETA would not be happy with your jacks. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...