Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm Too Energetic for My Own Good

I thought I was totally better this morning, so I started my morning with a GIANT cup of coffee in my most favorite Mary Poppins mug (a recent souvenir from Disney World). I read my new favorite series I'm about to finish (Miss Match - adorable!) and, I actually showered today, put on loud Bob Jones music (Don't judge!) and sang my heart away.

It was pouring outside, so I put on my super-cute red-and-white polka-dotted rain boots, and off to do some school work and errands. I was feeling fantastic!

Until 20 minutes later when I'm so weak and lightheaded I'm sitting in a heap on the floor of one of my classrooms.

You may not know me personally or that well, but I'll let you know a little secret about me: I get excited very easily and tend to go 90 mph (or km for the Africa friendly metric system) or nothin'.

What can I say? Bob Jones music gets all pumped up! :)

Well, now I'm sitting at the hotel bumming internet with some chips (fries) and a Coke. Tomorrow, we go to Lilongwe (the capital) to get supplies, etc. So, I need to take it kinda easy so I can drive the 4 hour drive to and fro AND teach on the road. Busy, I know.

The whole reason for this post was to update re: my Malaria, and to let you know kind of a prayer request update.

Most of you have been praying for me to find a friend, and I got a phone call today from another missionary here saying a girl my age was coming for a month here to work in the Crisis Nursery. She wanted to know if I would like her to stay with me.

Of course, I shouted and jumped and screamed and could barely contain myself (90 or nuthin' remember?). However, I slowly remembered that the entire month she was going to be here...I would be in Zambia....in training.

Does it feel like God put it right in front of my face, dangled it, and then quickly jerked it back before I could grab it? Yes.

But, just as quickly has I was questioning his Ways, I remembered what He has taught me so far about His Timing and Sovereignty. He is in control, and I'm still trusting Him to bring a friend into my life. Even if He doesn't, He'll still be there and be a way better comfort to me than a friend.

But boy, sometimes lessons stink.
(I think I was really parentheses happy in this post)
(and maybe when I'm in Lilongwe, I can upload videos and pictures!)
(and thanks mom and dad for the video!)
(okay, I'm done now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...