Saturday, August 14, 2010

Funny African Signs

Some of my favorite African names for stores or slogans:

Rupture Tailoring!

Leave Them Here Coffin Shop
 
Money Comes, Money Goes Investments

Carlsberg: Probably  the best beer.


Comfort Mattresses: Beatable Prices!


Wholesale Store: Stockists of car parts, oil, car supplies and mozzerella cheese. (no lie! there's a fridge in the back with the cheese!)

My favorite I think is the sign that you see when you get to the town of Mzimba. One day I'll get a picture of it for you...

"Vasectomy: show your partner you care." hahaha.

Sometimes you just needs these little "gifts" in your day. :)

p.s. It's "mice" season here in Malawi. They burn the fields and catch the mice and then sell them on the side of the road...




Appetizing, I know. And no, I haven't eaten them. Shocking.




2 comments:

  1. eeeeaaahhhhh!! I've lost my appetite for my lunch already.... But it's good info about Malawi..
    Have a nice day, Lauren....

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny!! love the mice pix!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...