Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Leaving Tomorrow!!

I fly out of Malawi at 10:30 am and then arrive in Zambia! I'm pretty pumped about seeing my friends and getting to just live in Africa without worrying about "life" stuff, ya know?

On my beautiful drive down to Lilongwe today, (which by the way, my right arm is entirely sunburned from hanging it out the window, so pastey left arm, red right arm), I got a phone call that I may not have been on the field long enough to get vacation time to go to Nairobi. So, even though I have a plane ticket, even though my supervisor approved it, even though we are less than 24 hours before I leave....I might not get to go.

Bummer of the century.

Its really hard to understand what that feels like if you haven't lived in a different culture surrounded by new things, new people, and you live by yourself. And you have this glimmer of seeing your best friends for 20 blissful glorious days....and then its taken from you....

BUT, I'm not complaining....I have a cheerful heart...God is in control...and I'm here to spread the Word not be with friends.

all much easier said than done.

2 comments:

  1. Be tough and enjoy the life there...
    Have a nice day, Lauren...

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is in control...trust Him. I really miss not being able to talk to you. Just so you know, I have tried multiple times, get "the party is not available" message. I'm sure all is fine and you're having a wonderful time. Sure will be glad when we can hear your voice again...or at least read something from you!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...