Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Lake.

Just when I thought that Malawi could not get any more beautiful, we drove to Lake Malawi on Monday after school to just get away. I had had a rough day of school...just frustrations of doing school in a 3rd world country, and so had the Laffoons. So, we packed up ourselves, put on our swimsuits, and started the 45 minute drive there.

I hadn't been there before, nor even the road that direction. Boy was I in for a surprise. This picture just doesn't even do it justice. 



So that was just the ride there. We knew we didn't have much time, so we went to the closest part. It is called Nkhata Bay. It is really touristy, but we didn't care. We just wanted some lake. Someone in the market had told us about this little beach there, so we were on our way to find it. This is my first view of the bay.
WOW!

and when we finally found the little beach,
THIS is what it looked like...my jaw hit the sand.



That is Mozambique and Tanzania mountains in the background by the way. Pretty cool, huh?


So...this my friends....is all so very close to my house. And I can go there whenever I want. :)
I feel so blessed.

I live here!! WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...