Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bubby

He was a white blond, blue eyed, little boy; quite the opposite from my black hair and brown eyes….But I wanted to be just like him.

He had a really cool "hurricane" cowlick, liked tractors, sling-shots, and being all boy. And he knew how to make me so angry, I cussed at him once when I was five (I didn't know it was cussing at the time, I had just heard it on TV ).

He used to tell me that I was adopted, because I looked so different from him, and, to be honest, I looked a little chinese. He used to get so mad at me because I was constantly singing, singing over him talking, singing in the bed at night, always singing.


When I was in Jr. High, the first boy that I  "went out"  with (for about 6 hours), was pulled aside and told, "I'm watching you, buddy." Haha. I loved that he was my protector.

I couldn't wait until he came home from college so we could sit around the table at dinner, and he could tell us all these funny stories that would have me in stitches.

And now, he's grown up, married, and has a little white blond, blue eyed, cow-liked boy of his own.


But the special part is that today, my bubby is 29.


Happy Birthday Justin. I love you so much and miss your funny stories. I'm so proud of how good a dad you are. I hate that I'm missing today, but I'm so glad I get to be there for your 30th. I can't believe your so old. Geez, I never thought you would get old.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...