Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm a Mzuzuian. :)

I am borrowing internet from my family, so I can't really give a good update, but I just wanted to let everyone know we have arrived to Mzuzu safely.

Picture living up in the mountins in a quaint little North Carolina town! I was just in awe when I drove through the city of what beautiful scenery there was. We have 3 stoplights (or Robots as the Africans call them) and 2 roundabouts. (European Vacation anyone??)

I would like to ask you to pray for me though. I have not been doing so well living on my own. A lot of anxiety that is taking a toll on my body and my emotional well-being.

Today, after a lot of crying and praying, I have had my first good day that was almost anxiety free! I went out into the city and explored the market and our grocery store, Tutlas.

My family is wonderful and I will give you a better update on my daily life as soon as internet becomes more available!

Much love,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"...PTL for that!! You WILL get through this tough time. He's brought you through hard times before, and He'll do it again. Constantly praying for you...you know that. Love you with all my heart! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,

    Its good to hear that you're home! I'm sorry life has been hard, but I am learning lately to "consider it pure joy, bretheren, when you encounter trials of various kinds." I've been here a little over two months and I feel like looking back, nearly everyday has been hard and difficult. I had a whole two weeks when I just didn't want to go out and do anything. I even shut down in language class for that time. What brought me out was time with Him, the Word, and pushing forward as much as I hated it. I'm lifting you and I thank Him EVERY time I think of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...