Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yay for Skype!

My cousin Savannah got married last Saturday. I hated that I missed it, but that is part of the "missionary sacrifice" -- missing out on events back home.
But Hallelujah! for Skype. My sweet cousin Kameron worked it out for her friend, Travis, to have his IPhone to skype me into the wedding.  Apparently, my parents and Travis tried for 20 minutes before the wedding to try to get the skype connection to work, but it wouldn't work at all. Then, suddenly, I got the call!

At first, I could only hear what was going on, but by the time Sav and her hubbie-to-be were in front of her dad, the pastor, Travis got the video to work! 

 

It was so amazing to get to see and hear the ceremony. It really made me feel I was a part of it. We tried to skype at the reception, but we could only get audio. What a blessing that I got to see the ceremony for an uninterrupted 20 mins!

I am so blessed to be a missionary in a time where I get to SEE my family when I talk to them. Thanks, Lord!


1 comment:

  1. Trust me, we were all as excited as you were!!! Travis was awesome...he never gave up! In 3 weeks, we won't need skype!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!
    (Well, except for Dad...boo):(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...