Monday, February 28, 2011

My Chilins

I would like to introduce you to some of my favorite people in Mzuzu. Each week I try to go to the Crisis Nursery to hang out with some of the sweetest little babies you ever did see. These kiddos are kind of everything from cast-offs to just orphans with families too poor to care for them after their mother's death. So this nursery takes in newborns - toddlers...then makes sure they have a good home to go back to, or an orphanage that will take them.

This sweet smile and fat cheeks is Barnabus. I love that smile. He is such a happy baby. He should be heading out soon, but I don't think there is a good place for him to go. But it means I get to see him longer! :)


This little boy in green in my arms is Allen. He just got to the nursery 3 weeks ago after his mother buried him alive. Yes, you read that right. Some others saw her in the cemetery and wondered what she was digging in there for. After she left, they went in, and dug up a baby. I can't believe it.

There are many more of the previous children here that I get to love on all the time. One of my favorites is Glory but she is home now in a village...she is the one on my facebook profile.

This is such a sweet part of my day!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, look at us...blogging at the same time and stuff...but I'm not done yet.

    Dere so cute! I jus wanna eat em all up! 'Specially sweet li'l Barnabus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Allen is such a miracle baby. Praise our Lord. And what a JOY it must be to get to go to the orphanage so often. Thanks for the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first glance at your picture, I thought you had some kind of cat crawling up your chest.:) Oh my, these babes are so helpless and innocent. Thank God for the Crisis Nursery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...