Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sleepover ParTAAAAYY!!

So, Anna Maria turn the Sweet 16 last Monday! Huzzah! There are some South African girls here are pretty much the only girls close to her age. So, they were all invited over to my house for a Sleepover!!!

If I thought I was still young....
I apparently am not.

The night started off with "Blindfolded Makeovers." Basically, you blindfolded someone, and they had to feel around your face and put on your makeup for you. Hilarious. Maybe one day my internet will work enough for me to add pictures.

So then it was time for Bracelet making! I remember back in 5th grade, us girls would get together during free time and make bracelets out of the embroidery thread...well, that apparently hasn't died yet.  I still had fun like I was 10 again. Then, there was a serious session of fingernail painting. Each finger and toe had to be a different color. (I did that too when I was that age!)

Finally, movie time.  The first one up was Princess Bride! I made maybe half-way through, and then I had to call it a night. I know, I'm a sissy. I made it to 11:30 on a sleepover....Can I get any lamer?

The girls ended up staying up till 4:30!  They watched another movie (Princess Diaries 2), went "pillow sliding on my floor, and I think just basically giggled the rest of the night.

I was up at 8:00 making pancakes and breakfast casserole. After some strawberry smoothies, another movie (All Dogs Go to Heaven), it was time for the fun to end. Parents came and the sleepover was done. It all happened much faster than I remember it when I was a kid. Sleepovers lasted forever.  It was a magical time, and you always giggled yourself to sleep or either woke up parents with your giggling.

I did have fun though, even though this was my first time being the adult at a sleepover.

I'm okay with being the "fun aunt" for a while. Its not so bad. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww how fun! and you watched my favorite movie!!! I did a quote from the movie at practice and nobody got it...ah well :) You're the coolest non-old aunt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, does that bring back memories. glad you didn't try to scare them (hehehehe)like going outside and beating on the window. who would do such a thing? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...