Monday, September 5, 2011

Saba and Sheroze

My two students that I have been tutoring over their summer break is coming to a close this week.

I have seen them every week, spent countless hours with them at their home, and have gotten to know them very well.

The month of August is Ramadan, so they were fasting most of the time that I saw them. However, whenever I went to their house, they were still so kind as to make me food and let me eat it right in front of them while we worked on school.

We played Scrabble almost any chance they can talk me into it, and I've forced them to write and read when they haven't really wanted to.

I've gotten to see their mom's wedding video, and tasted authentic Pakistani food, and watched them say their prayers.

Most importantly, I've gotten to at least share with them what I believe.

Pray that God uses that in the future.

They were very scared during the Riots. Their store was not broken into, but their sister's was. They had to flee their house because people started jumping their fence to throw stuff at their house.

She called me that day and asked me to pray for her family.

So, you can pray for that too.
Pray that their hearts will be open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...