Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh.My.Word.

This is how I'm feeling right now. Frustrated.

I know boys say this about us, but I sure don't get guys and the way they think.

But I really need for some guys (one in particular) to get it together and face reality.

This all started several months ago, when I met a kind, nice-looking, well-to-do, Malawian guy in the hotel where I go to get internet.

He was right, there was no one around to help him get his computer online, and I seemed to be able to get mine online, so, could I possibly help him and his friend?

Sure. No problem. I was a little stand-offish and not my normal effervescent personality and ask 20 questions. I've at least learned my lesson that much. Later, as they were leaving, they made a bit of small talk, and I sent them on their way.

No harm done right?

Okay, so I'm back at the hotel a couple of weeks later late at night doing my internet thing again. And who happens to be there? The computer fellow.

He does not get the clue this time that I do not want to talk. I try no eye contact, I try not answering questions, but this guy was persistent.

Finally, I decide just to leave. He decides he's gonna walk me to my car. Now, I wasn't getting the creepy vibe from him at all...just a persistent admirer it seemed. Then, of course, he wanted my phone number. I was straight up with him and told him no and that I'm not allowed to date while I"m here.

No that's not what he wants. Can we be friends please? He just wants a friend.

Uggh. It's late. I want to go home and this kid isn't taking no for an answer.
So, I do something that I have regretted ever since.
I give him my email address. What harm could that possibly do?

7 email novels later....
Yes.
Pages of affection for me. Hot girl, Baby, My Love, and Lauren-nectar are just a few of the new nicknames I've been bestowed. The language he uses sounds like a romance novel.

I was BLOWN away. Whoa. I'm not dealing with just anyone here. He also is apparently coming to the hotel now on a regular basis to wait for me.

Cue me not going to the hotel ever again.

I never respond to any of these emails. Ignore is all know to do.

Well, well, well.
Here we are today. And I get 15 missed phone calls from this number that keeps flashing* me. I call back. Oh.Em.Gee. ITS HIM!

Somehow, he's gotten my NUMBER!
I have to turn my phone off because he won't stop calling!

I go to tell Maggie about this, and she says, Let me take care of this.

She calls him and says, Who are you to my friend Lauren?  "She is my Darling" is the reply.
WHAT?! I was mouthing.

So Maggie gives him a very nice what-for. She tells him to stop bothering me and I'm not interested.
He demands to speak to me and I tell him the same thing. Its probably the harshest speech I've ever given a guy in my life. I was very blunt and honest. Stop calling. There is nothing between us.
He actually says, Okay.

10 Mins later...

He calls Maggie again and says, "Why are you jealous of mine and Lauren's relationship?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYY!!!

As I'm sitting here, I've missed 2 new phone calls from him.
I'm dreading changing numbers with just 3 months left, but maybe that's what its going to take.

Oh goodness. I'm just completely out of words for this situation.
So, mom, if my phone is off tonight, you know why.





*Flashing: calling someone and hanging up after one ring. It lets the person know that you don't have enough credit to talk to them, so they need you to call them back and use your credit.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren-nectar is definitely my favorite. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...