Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday Drive...

I remember when I would be running late for church and get really ticked that I hit a red light.
Or when I would sometimes think about not going to church because I wasn't up for the 40 minute drive to get there.

And then you have Sunday's like today...where you drive 2 hours to get there. Then, you have to walk 3 km because there is no bridge to get to the church.
And you have to cross a river...and walk across a bridge.


And other people are out washing their clothes wondering why in the world you are out this far into their village.


And then you really start to appreciate cars and roads and places being so close in the states.

But don't feel sorry for me, because I got to see these beautiful faces...

I love my life. :)


p.s. plus we got a chicken!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I got a chicken from someone while we were in Kenya. Little did I know that it would be dinner...alas....

    So glad it's going well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...