Sunday, May 30, 2010

The first part of 40/40...

Where do I begin?

I guess let me first say that being with my friends from FPO was probably the best part of the past month. Having other people to share your struggles with and hearing them share those really made all the difference in the world.

Okay, so I'll set this up for you. My entire house church from FPO (3 couples, 1 family of 5, and us 3 jgirls) were all there, plus 2 j-guys, and 2 more couples, and another family. We all met at a seminary in Lusaka, Zambia where we stayed for about 10 days.

Each day we went out into the city with a specific agenda: How do you get to know an African, what are your medical needs?, What do you think a missionary is?, Do people still use witchdoctors?, etc. So, we would go out in pairs, grab a taxi bus, and just start meeting people.

High points: eating caterpillars, small fish (GROSS!), staying up late talking with the other journeymen, getting to share our faith with people in the city, and just being around other Americans. We also had 2 free days in the city and I got to see 3 movies! and eat out at 2 restaurants!!! It was amazing! :)

I will say that my favorite part of 40/40 was yet to come out at bushcamp. But here are a few pictures from the city life...

 Yep, ate those...

and these...

so good to be back with my old roommates from training!

the poor 2 journey guys that had to deal with us crazy girls.

African babies are just so cute!

Cara was my partner around the city. We had a blast getting ice cream everyday together. :)

This was a daily ritual. Your personal dishes were in a bad hung up on the window. So after you ate, you washed them in buckets, and then we would stand out in the grass waving them back and forth to dry them off. 

This was mine and Cara's helper in the city, Rose.

So, I that is about it. Aside for the 4 year-old Caleb and running with a pen and cutting his face open when he fell, it wasn't too much more eventful. 

Like I said...my favorite part was bushcamp. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...